How do our services differ from an emergency room?
What is Urgent Care?
An Urgent Care facility provides treatment for minor emergencies, illnesses and injuries. FirstCare Walk-In Medical Center is a convenient alternative when you need immediate care and are unable to see your regular doctor or have no personal physician in Highland and New Paltz. We also provide comprehensive Employee Health Programs.
FirstCare is open every day, including most holidays, and provides a respectful, caring and comfortable environment.
We’re Here To Help.
At FirstCare, attending to your minor illness or injury is our priority. An Emergency Room visit should be reserved for life-threatening illness and injury.
Treatment of, but not limited to, the following conditions:
- Cuts, sprains, fractures
- Sore throats, coughs, earaches, fever, flu, headache
- Allergies, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia
- Gynecological problems
- Lyme Disease and Tick Related Illness and Removal
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sports injuries
- Abdominal pain
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Arthritis, joint pain, gout
- Allergic reactions, rash, poison ivy, insect bites
- Eye injuries and infections
- Dental pain and injuries
- Skin Diseases and Skin Growth Identification and Removal
Respiratory Fit Testing/Exams
On-site limited pharmacy services
Lung function testing
STAT lab testing
Routine Medical Examinations and physicals
School and Camp Physicals
Insurance physicals, such as Portamedic physicals for life insurance
Suboxone Treatment for Opiate Addiction
Follow up for emergency room visits
Occupational Medicine – comprehensive employee health care