Our Doctor Supervised Stop Smoking Program Can Help!
YOU CAN AND WILL STOP SMOKING WITH THE HELP OF FIRSTCARE. We offer the most comprehensive stop smoking program available. We utilize modern medications including Zyban, antianxiety medicines and Chantix, the newest medication approved by the FDA. Chantix binds to receptors in the brain preventing the mechanisms thought to be responsible for cigarette addiction. Call now to arrange an appointment for us to assist you in your battle to give up smoking.
- In America today, tobacco stands out as the agent most responsible for avoidable illness and death.
- Its use brings premature death to almost half a million Americans each year, and it contributes to profound disability and pain in many others.
- For one year the cost of smoking one pack per day is approximately $2737.00 (at $7.50 per pack) and $3102.00 (at 8.50 per pack). In 5 years that is equivalent to $13,685.00 and $15,512.00.
It is difficult to stop smoking, but with our program, it is much easier than you can imagine. Even if you have tried to stop in the past.
Good Reasons for Quitting Smoking
Quitting smoking is one of the most important things you will ever do:
- You will live longer and live better.
- Quitting will lower your chance of having a heart attack, stroke, or cancer.
- If you are pregnant, quitting smoking will improve your chances of having a healthy baby.
- The people you live with, especially your children, will be healthier.
- You will have extra money to spend on things other than cigarettes.
Four Keys for Quitting Cigarettes
Studies have shown that these five steps will help you quit and quit for good. You have the best chances of quitting cigarettes if you use them together:
- Get ready: You must be ready or you would not be reading this!
- Get support: Let us be there for you and teach you how to enlist support from others
- Learn new skills and behaviors
- Get medication and use it correctly: Any one trying to quit should receive maximum help from doctor supervised medications
- Use adjunctive methods such as acupuncture and hypnosis. We can guide you with these choices.
Questions to Think About
Think about the following questions before you try to stop smoking. Be prepared to talk about your answers with Dr. Mones.
- Why do you want to quit smoking?
- How can the doctor help me to be successful at quitting cigarettes?
- What is smoking withdrawal like? How can I get information on withdrawal?
- What should I do if I need more help to stop smoking?
- What pleasures do you get from smoking? What ways can you still get pleasure if you quit?
- Who can help you through the tough times? Your family? Friends? Health care provider?
- What will be the most difficult situations for you after you stop smoking? How will you plan to handle them?
- When you tried to quit in the past, what helped and what didn’t?